FROM FVG to FRG The Future of FVG depends from the future of RibollaGialla wine
The futureof wine-growing and -making in Friuli Venezia Giulia is more and more depending from the future of the Ribolla Gialla, a grape and a wine that could become the pillar upon which to build a national and international success storyfor the whole regional oenologic sector.
The conference, after an overview of the characteristics and the history of the Ribolla grape, will examine the market opportunities of this product, by means of the presentation, in preview, of the results of the study commissioned by ERSA FVG to Nomisma, the prestigious research institute inBologna. A roundtable, attended by the main actors of this system, will terminate the works commenting and vetting the hints originating from the previous reports, with the view of drawing a growth path shared amongst the operators and the Regional Government.
Introduction and moderation:
Walter Filiputti – Consultant and expert
- RIBOLLA STORY Prof. Attilio Scienza – University of Milan
- THE NEW CLONES OF RIBOLLA GIALLA Prof. Carlo Petrussi of Cividale Agrarian School
- THE MARKET AND THE INTERNATIONAL COMPARISONS Prof. Sandro Sillani University of Udine
- PRESENTATION OF NOMISMA REPORT ON THE RIBOLLA GIALLA Dott. Denis Pantini – Project leader Nomisma Wine Monitor
- Fulvio Lovisa – President of Cantina Sociale Rauscedo
- Pietro Biscontin – President of Federazione DOC Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Robert Princic – President of Collio – Carso Protection Consortium (*)
- Onorevole Manlio Collavini – Eugenio Collavini Viticoltori
Cristiano Shaurli – Regional Councillor to Agriculture and Forestry
*to be confirmed